City Hall is a municipal building in Cathays Park, Cardiff. Since its opening in the year 1906 October it has been filling in as Cardiff’s focal point of the government. The Portland stone was used to build it, and it is an essential early display of the famous Edwardian Baroque style.
(2) Cardiff Castle
It is a Castle and Victorian Gothic restoration manor situated in the downtown area of Cardiff, Wales. The first motte and bailey palace was built in the late eleventh century by Norman intruders over a third-century Roman fortress. The château was charged either by Robert Fitzhamon or William the Conqueror and shaped the core of Cardiff and the Marcher Lord an area of Glamorgan.
The Herbert family then assumed control over the palace in 1550, renovating parts of the first range and completing development work in the outer bailey, at that point involved via Cardiff’s Shire Hall and different structures. Amid the English Civil War Cardiff Castle was at first taken by a Parliamentary power, however, was recaptured by Royalist supporters in 1645. When battling came again up in the year 1648, a Royalist armed force assaulted Cardiff in an offer to recover the manor, prompting the Battle of St Fagans just outside the city. Cardiff Castle got away potential annihilation by Parliament when the war came to an end and was rather garrisoned, most likely to keep away Scottish intrusion.
(3) Caerphilly Castle
Ruling a fantastic 30-section of land, the Caerphilly Castle is said to be Wales’ biggest and Britain’s second-biggest palace after the Windsor. It is acclaimed for its massive gatehouses and also for having acquainted concentric manor resistances with Britain. The centre of Caerphilly Castle, including the lavish and convenient accommodation, was based on what turned into a focal island, encompassed by a few fake lakes.
(4) Glamorgan Building
This building is arranged in the centre of the city in Cathays Park, on King Edward VII Avenue. Some time ago known as the region corridor of Glamorgan, the building was procured via Cardiff University in the year 1997. It is currently the facility to the college’s School of PLaning and geography and also for the Social Sciences.
(5) The Metropolitan Church
The St David cathedral Cardiff is a Roman Cathedral in the downtown area of Cardiff. It is the focal point of the Catholic Archdiocese in the Cardiff area. Situated in Charles Street, the Cathedral remains the point of convergence for Catholics. It is one of the few Roman Catholic Cathedrals in the UK which is related to a school choir.
The present building was outlined by Pugin and developed 1884– 87. It was Cardiff’s main Catholic church, and in 1916 it moved toward becoming the location of the Roman Catholic Archbishop. In 1920 the Cathedral Church was pronounced the new Archdiocese of Cardiff.The Cathedral was however pulverized by World War II bombarding in 1941 when flammable bombs punctured the rooftop. Amid the 1950s it was reestablished and revamped, under the care of F. R. Bates, Son, and it was re-opened in March 1959.